- Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) substrate discovery using proteomic and yeast two-hybrid approaches.
- Protease degradomics and associated mass spectrometric and protease chip technology development.
- Structural and functional analysis of MMPs and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases (TIMPs).
- De novo protease construction: Engineering novel catalytic activity onto inert scaffolds.
- Chemokine processing by MMPs and its role in cancer, HIV, and inflammation.
- Basic research in these themes is applied to understanding the molecular diagnosis and pathogenesis of cancer, chronic inflammatory diseases including arthritis and periodontitis, and HIV.
- New UBC-Flintbox HPG-ALD Polymer (currently not available) ordering page click to order HPG-ALD Polymer
- June 6, 2019: CBR Postdoc and Research Associate Retreat at Loon Lake – CBR Blog by George Butler
- April 3, 2019: George Butler and Chris Overall speak at this years Norman Bethune Symposium (CBR Blog)
- February 11, 2019: Overall Lab bonding at NedCad: Blood is Bonding – CBR blog by George Butler (check out our fun outing at YouTube)
- May 17, 2016: Team Sheldon (aka The Overall Labs Green Team) wins UBC Lab Energy Challenge 2016 (TEAM SHELDON – Shut the sash)
- December 10, 2015: Let Rare Mutations Speak: Novel Mechanisms in Immune System Regulation (CBR Blog).
TAILS N-terminomics TMT10plex data featured by Accelerating Proteomics and Thermo Scientific.
- October 29, 2015: Spotlight on human pulp (CBR Blog, UBC Dentistry News).
- September 2, 2015: Conference Reports: Gordon Research Seminar and Conference on Matrix Metalloproteinases (CBR Blog).
- July 30, 2015: Don’t be a square – think outside the box! (CBR Blog).
“Let’s break out of that box, leave dogma and “what is known” behind, and have the courage to look at the unexpected. This is where the breakthroughs are waiting: not where people have been looking for decades but where no one has thought to look yet.”
- July 16, 2015: Conference Reports: EuPA Annual Conference and MaxQuant Summer School (CBR Blog).
- May 21, 2015: Picornaviruses cleave host’s proteins to facilitate viral infection (CBR Blog).
- May 3, 2015: The Overall Lab at the Pacific Coast Protease Spring School – Desert Hot Spring, California
- March 12, 2015: The Green Side of CBR – The Overall Lab and the CBR care about sustainability (CBR Blog).
- December 16, 2014: The Overall lab characterizes a new digestion enzyme for proteomics (CBR Blog, UBC Dentistry News, @IBMB-CSIC).
- September 16, 2014: UBC Green Labs Project featuring our lab manager Dr. Reinhild Kappelhoff (UBC Risk Management Services @Youtube).
- May 13, 2014: UBC-developed anti-viral drug enhances immune system (Vancouver Sun, InterfeRx).
- May 12, 2014: UBC scientists find new way to mobilize immune system against viruses (UBC News, InterfeRx, feature also at World Pharma News).
- April 25, 2014: Dr. Christopher Overall, recipient of CNPN – Tony Pawson Proteomics Award for Outstanding Contribution and Leadership to the Canadian Proteomics Community (CBR News).
- March 20, 2013: Dr. Christopher Overall wins IADR distinguished scientist award for research in oral biology (UBC Dentistry News).
- January 22, 2013: Master switch discovery could provide road map for treatment of arthritis and other inflammatory diseases (UBC News). Featured on Global BC News and by Linda Aylesworth on Twitter.
- February 17, 2012: Mapping proteins key to human health and immune system (UBC News).
- November 1, 2011: Lifetime Achievement Award for Dr. Christopher Overall (UBC Dentistry New, IPS Newsletter).
- November 06, 2008: Dentistry Research: The Overall Approach (UBC Dentistry News)