Centre for Blood Research
University of British Columbia
2350 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Lab: #4.420; Bench 8.
Phone: +1-604-822-3561 (lab)
My work focuses on the identification of novel roles and interaction partners of MMP12 in breast cancer. Previous publications and preliminary data from the Overall lab revealed that MMP12 can be imported in the nucleus of breast cancer cells, where it is anticipated to bind specific DNA sequences and act a transcription regulator. By combining molecular biology methods (RNA-SEQ, CHiP-SEQ) and degradomics state-of-the-art techniques (TAILS) I plan to identify relevant genes and proteins whose activity is directly regulated by MMP12 (via transcriptional regulation and/or proteolytic cleavage).
- 2015/10- present: Postdoctoral fellow at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, Prof. Dr. Christopher M. Overall
- 2014/10 – 2015/07: Postdoctoral fellow DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany: “Investigating the role of Cadherin-17 and it’s interaction partners in exocrine-like pancreatic cancer”
- 2010/10 – 2014/9 PhD, Cancer Biology, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and University of Heidelberg: “Identification and validation of novel protein biomarkers in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma with the ability to distinguish molecular subtypes: Prof. Dr. Andreas Trumpp; Dr. Christoph Roesli
- 2007/10 – 2009/9 M.Sc, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bucharest and University Paris-XI: “Investigating New Candidates in Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1” Prof. Dr. Anca Dinischiotu, Dr. Joelle Marie
- 2007/09 – 2010/09 Research Assistant Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Prof. Dr. Anca Dinischiotu
- 2003/10 – 2007/9 B.Sc., Biochemistry, University of Bucharest: “The Effect of Manganese Intoxication on the Heat Shock Protein Expression Hsp70 and Hsp27 in Hepatic Huh-7 Cells”, Prof. Dr. Anca Dinischiotu
- Anca Hermenean, C. Tudor, Laura Postolache, Maria Cristina Munteanu, Andreea Irene Serban, Marieta Costache, Anca Dinischiotu: Manganese (II) induced oxidative stress is counteracted by Hsp 27 and Hsp 70 in HepG2 cell line, TOXICOLOGY LETTERS 196 · JUNE 2010, DOI: 10.1016/j.toxlet.2010.03.971.
- Anca Hermenean , Maria Cristina Munteanu, Laura Postolache, Diana Dinu, Otilia Zarnescu, Marieta Costache, Anca Dinischiotu. (2009). Ochratoxin A induced oxidative stress promotes apoptosis in HepG2 cells. Toxicology Letters Volume 189, Supplement 1. 46th Congress of the European Societies of Toxicology, 2009-10-13 (S77).
- L. Postolache, M. C. Munteanu, Z. Otilia, M. Costache, A. Dinischiotu. (2008). Deoxynivalenol induced oxidative stress effects in CaCo-2 cell line. The FEBS Journal, Vol 275, Supplement 1. 33rd FEBS Congress and 11th IUBMB Conference, 2008-10-29 (211).
- M. C. Munteanu, L. Postolache, M. Costache, A. Dinischiotu. (2008). The oxidative stress induced by Deoxinivalenol increases the mRNA expression of some Bcl2-family genes in CaCo-2 cell line. The FEBS Journal, Vol 275, Supplement 1. 33rd FEBS Congress and 11th IUBMB Conference, 2008-10-29 (459).